St. Andrew's Tilmanstone
Our Benefice encompasses the village of Tilmanstone. The church of St. Andrew dates from the mid-11th century and is of early English Catholic design. The walls and tower are of flint construction.
The Church garden possesses a magnificent 1000 year old yew tree, recognised nationally as probably the oldest yew in this country.
There is a settled population of 280 people of all ages. The local school is two miles away at Eastry. A caring elderly persons home is established at The Old Vicarage.
The village retains its rural culture and atmosphere, with a thriving Gardeners' Society and Women's Institute. There is a real camaraderie of help and goodwill amongst the inhabitants - very special in this 21st century!